eGameSource
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Official: Runes

After looking into it, it is my opinion that Runes from old RV ... just didn't make sense. If you think about it, you have useless ones and great ones, if you can find them.

What I'm pondering on, if everyone is cool with it. Is changing from 150 ish runes ... to 24 runes. These are actual legit runes symbols and meanings. What we need to do is pair up skills to each of them. What I want to see is the skills. Not the bonus specifically.

We then have level2, 3, 4 and 5 on each of them. Each progressively getting better stats and altering requirements. Example Level1 runes require lvl9 character, regardless of the bonus. Each rune may have a higher difficulty in finding, but they have the same setup. Each rune would have three skills listed, As the rune goes up in level it may activate the 2nd or 3rd skills (properties).

Each rune needs to be useful. No one has time for crappy items lol.

Example for BodyArmor/Helm... Shield and Weapon may have completely different benefits.
Lvl1 has +25% magic find

Lvl2 has +50% magic find and mana +25%

lvl3 has +75% magic find and mana +50%

lvl4 has +100% magic find and mana +75%

lvl5 has +100% magic find, mana +100%, +1 to all skills

image.thumb.png.83c1952ba42c59c7885c0a77f7d18256.png

** I will update the image as we fill it out and based on suggestions for which rune to what property **

This.

We could also make new runewords require a certain level of rune. So we could have

Example;

---------  Uruz Rune

• (Rank 1) Req lvl 9
    • Armor/Helm: +9 to Strength
    • Weapon: + 9 to Strength
    • Shield: +9 Thorns
  • (Rank 2) Req lvl 20
    • Armor/Helm: +20 to Strength
    • Weapon: +10-15 to Strength
    • Shield: +10-15 Thorns
  • (Rank 3) Req lvl 38
    • Armor/Helm: +30 to Strength, +5% Enhanced Defence
    • Weapon: +16-25 to Strength, +5-10% Chance of Crushing Blow
    • Shield: +16-25 to Thorns
  • (Rank 4) Req lvl 56
    • Armor/Helm: +40 to Strength, +10% Enhanced Defence,
    • Weapon: +26-35 to Strength, +11-20% Chance of Crushing Blow, +5% Chance on attack to cast level 1-4 Amplify Damage
    • Shield: +26-35 to Thorns, +3-5 to All Resistances
  • (Rank 5) Req lvl 75
    • Armor/Helm: +50 to Strength, +15% Enhanced Defence, , +1-5 to Defensive Aura
    • Weapon: +26-35 to Strength, +21-30% Chance of Crushing Blow, +6-10% Chance on attack to cast level 1-4 Amplify Damage
    • Shield: +16-25 to Thorns, +8-15 to All Resistances, +5-10% Chance on Shield Block to cast level 1-4 Decrepify

----- Rune Word (Using Only Rune Stats; No added stats from armor or complete runeword)

• Uruz' Protection
  • Ornate Plate
  • 4OS
  • Uruz (Rank 3), El, Ist, Uruz (Rank 5)
    • +80 to Strength
    • +20% Enhanced Defense
    • +[1-5] 4 Defensive Aura
    • +25% Magic Find
    • +15 defense, +1 light

This was just an example with made up stats and a made up runeword!

But having ranked runes I think will make the game a lot more interesting!

• Like 1

Ding ding.. someone is catching on lol.

Glad you see my train of thought. Also keep in mind X # of a lvl of a specific rune will change to the next level (via cube).

I think there should be different recipes for fine ranks. Maybe rank 2 is 3x Rank 1

Rank 3 is 1x Rank 2 and 2x Rank 1

Rank 4 is 2x Rank 3 and 1x Rank 2

And maybe change it up for various runes

Yeah we'll go through the recipes for all of that once we build out all the runes and how many levels we settle on. The good news with this setup we can easily take the same runes and keep expanding their levels. on future patches. 

It will also be easier for us on keeping the game balanced. As we aren't having 150 different types... we are isolating it down to just 24 that become stronger as the level increases.

Updated Rune Table on main post. Each class has a specific rune tied to them. These will play a big role in crafting class specific items later. They are all the same setup for fairness.

Updated again. 8 left... need feedback on what has been done and what we should do with the others.